Local program administrators continue to process applications in January 2021. (Applications being processed in January 2021, met submission deadlines in December 2020.)
If needed to maintain housing security, avoid displacement, and are past their due date, eligible expenses can include:
- Rent payments
- Mortgage payments (including escrowed property taxes* and insurance)**
- Contract for deed payments
- Manufactured home park lot rents
- Manufactured home payments
- Utility payments
- Homeowner's association dues.
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Additional housing related costs approved by Minnesota Housing
* Property tax payments are eligible only in cases of foreclosure prevention.
**For mortgages covered under the CARES Act, homeowners are required to contact their mortgage servicer to obtain a special forbearance, a loan modification, and/or set up a repayment plan.