What types of personal identification does the application require?

Written By Penny C (Administrator)

Updated at December 8th, 2020

As of December 8, 2020, the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program is no longer accepting applications or new assistance requests. 

The COVID-19 Assistance Program is funded by federal dollars through the Coronavirus Relief Fund, which was authorized by the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and this funding expires on December 31, 2020. Local administrators need the rest of December to review and process as many applications as possible.

Local program administrators continue to process applications in January 2021.  (Applications being processed in January 2021, met submission deadlines in December 2020.)

The CHAP application will ask for a number from a form of your personal identification.  The personal identification that can be used includes one of the following:

  • Driver’s license/State ID
  • Passport # (does not have to be limited to US passports)
  • Social Security Number
  • Alien Registration Number
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

Was this article helpful?

© 2015, HousingLink